GameBoy Color - Backlit VaultBoy Custom Borderlands Console
Backlit Borderlands themed Nintendo Game Boy Color!
- Backlit with a V2 TFT backlight kit. This kit fixes the tearing (frame skipping) in games like Pokémon that the first versions of these backlight kits had. 5 levels of brightness are available, just tap the infrared sensor on the top of the Gameboy to adjust them! One of the levels is off so you can enjoy your GameBoy in well lit rooms or direct sunlight (like the old days!)
- New glass screen made to fit the backlit display
- All 3 capacitors have been replaced, these usually go bad after about 20-30 years so this Game Boy has a refreshed life!
- Brand new speaker
- Power LED replaced with a blue LED that makes up Claptrap’s eye!
- New aftermarket burgundy D-pad to accent the Borderlands theme!
Shell and A, B, Start/Select buttons are original and are in good condition, see the pictures! The unit pictured is the unit you will receive.
***No games, original boxes, or instructions are included.***
***No game included, however if you would like the custom ROM file that boots into the Vault Hunter logo I created, I can send it to you via email! The ROM can then be loaded onto an Everdrive or other such device.***
When refurbishing Game Boy Colors I like to keep them mostly original. Nothing beats Nintendo quality. I breakdown each unit and meticulously clean each part individually. If the stickers on the back of the unit are of acceptable condition they won’t be replaced, I also won't replace a made in China rear sticker with a made in Japan one to maintain console integrity. If I replace any part of the console, I list them above. Capacitors are replaced in every unit. They are only good for around 20-30 years and most Gameboys now are at the upper limits of that range.